why is my lumia 640 xl stuck in lock screen?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

the phone is stuck in lock screen. i cant enter my password. if i touch the screen it restarts and the same thing happens. only notification bar works that too 3 or 4 icons work not all. if i touch other icons, it restarts. but if i get a call. i can receive and talk normally after that it goes back to the said problem. i tried removing sim and sd card then restarting, nothing works. my only option left is hard reset but i dont want to lose any data. what to do?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The only option you have left is the only option left...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
the phone is stuck in lock screen. i cant enter my password. if i touch the screen it restarts and the same thing happens. only notification bar works that too 3 or 4 icons work not all. if i touch other icons, it restarts. but if i get a call. i can receive and talk normally after that it goes back to the said problem. i tried removing sim and sd card then restarting, nothing works. my only option left is hard reset but i dont want to lose any data. what to do?

have you tried a soft reset?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos