Lumia 640 XL LTE: 1) Using different chargers; 2) battery remaining time.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Charging the Lumia 640 XL LTE.
After receiving my Lumia a month ago, I updated to Windows 10 v1607.
1) The Lumia 640 XL comes with a 750mA charger.
I want to make use of 2 other chargers. All 3 chargers have 5V output.
Will using a Nokia 1.2A charger or a Blackberry Playbook 1.8A charger harm the Lumia 640 XL battery?
2) Initially the Lumia 640 XL showed, after charging to 100%, a remaining time of 40 hours and discharge rate of 2.5%.
I then downloaded a couple of battery apps.
I usually charge the battery overnight to 100%.
After some use today, both apps now show 76% with 55 hours remaining and a discharge rate of 1.32%.
I can't believe the Lumia battery has become that efficient.
I plan on removing the 2 Apps to see if they are responsible for these divergent numbers.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Will using a Nokia 1.2A charger or a Blackberry Playbook 1.8A charger harm the Lumia 640 XL battery?
2) Initially the Lumia 640 XL showed, after charging to 100%, a remaining time of 40 hours and discharge rate of 2.5%.
After some use today, both apps now show 76% with 55 hours remaining and a discharge rate of 1.32%.
I plan on removing the 2 Apps to see if they are responsible for these divergent numbers.

1) better not using too much amperes with charger, it could overheat recharge phone circuit. Try 1.2 and check back cover temp from time to time

2) remaining time is always a statistic istant-on extimation. Obviously, istant battery use changes second after second, so don't believe to anyone of these prediction, use a long term statistic battery check instead (even if I don't trust so much in these apps, MS limited battery check to once every 15 mins to 3rd part apps )

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

1.2A should be okay. These days phone have inbuilt defence for high charging currents.
Initially after doing an upgrade, the battery takes time settling down while apps and OS is updating. So after a few days, the battery life would be better

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99