I updated from windows 10 to windows 10 pro, but after the update I can'y see any drives

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I tried to search the solution to this problem and many different options to no avail.
Some of the people had the same problem and fixed it thru Disk Management tweeks. Disk Management shows 4 drives and only one of them is named as C, the partitions were of different size before the update and those sizes have changed, and when right click on them no options are highlighted to change the name for them and it shows as 100% free space.
Please help or all my data would be lost.

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Ha, just helped one of my friends with similar problem. He lost one HDD not all partitions. Used Linux Ubuntu on USB drive to look at the content of the "invisible" drives. Copied and later fixed in Windows Disk Manager, copied data back and all works again...

All I needed was enough space to copy the data from laptop drives to other place - external HDD did the job. Not sure what caused the issue though. Was looking like for some reason Windows failed to read the partition table as all partitions were visible in Linux...

You OK trying Linux?? Great OS by the way, should be more popular, very stable and easy to learn...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried to search the solution to this problem and many different options to no avail.
Some of the people had the same problem and fixed it thru Disk Management tweeks. Disk Management shows 4 drives and only one of them is named as C, the partitions were of different size before the update and those sizes have changed, and when right click on them no options are highlighted to change the name for them and it shows as 100% free space.
Please help or all my data would be lost.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)