Should I leave Windows 10 Mobile?

grevatious

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have been a fan of Windows Mobile OS since it first came out with Windows Phone 7. I have owned 4 Lumias and I have also been responsible for recommending friends and family members to buy Nokia. The thing is as you all know, using Windows Mobile is hard in an Android & IOS world... I can't even check my bank account in my daily driver as there is no available app for our OS. I normally do not care about the app gap, I am in love with the UI and Lumia Cameras, and the sturdiness of the Nokia/Microsoft phones! But I am having a problem with my daily driver that pose quite the conondrum for me. I use my 1520 and I love it but I the proximity sensor is busted, it will only work if I press the screen right on top of it, and even then there is no guarantee that it will work. Another problem is that sometimes notifications from whatsapp, facebook and Instagram just won't be delivered, and I have to open Whatsapp to receive the messages. I do not know if it is a Software or Hardware issue but even soft resetting the phone won't help sometimes. Other problems include random restarts and Instagram/FB Messenger loading but frozing, not the phone itself but the app... it just won't do anything... So I am exhausted... I need a new phone and have a budget of around $400 bucks. I have searched and compared smartphones and the finalists are Lumia 950 and the Oneplus 3, both $399. Should I stay with Windows or should I go to Android? Anyone having these kind of problems with the 950?

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
(My personal opinion) Go with android as MS shut down 👇 lumia series in december(as rumored said) and concentrate on surface phone only instead of old lumia series.
Go with "moto G series" or "redme note" or other android series.

swamy3338

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi Grevatious, i am in a similar situation. Have owned 4 Lumias amd now not so happy with the bug ridden OS and updates. It is always "something good is coming" with WM. Even with a surface phone, the apps are just not there. Will W10 bring in more apps to the store ? Don't know. We may become like BB which has no WhatsApp support now. It will take a lot of optimism to remain with WM 10.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your phone is a tool. If it doesn't meet your needs, switch if you can. The only OS that can even begin to convince me to use it without apps and other core functionality is webOS and BB10 so far.

The W10M situation is not going to improve in the foreseeable future and I highly recommend at least forcing yourself to try another platform (even if you buy used) to see how things are. W10M may seem like a trainwreck, (more like a rusting engine on an abandoned track) but there are a couple things I do miss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo