I think my sons Lumia 550 phone has been hacked via Skype

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

He received a message from someone via Skype, opened it and now their details are embedded into his phone, everything has started to break down, he can't text, access internet pages and we can't remove this persons details from his phone. I've reset the phone but beyond that I really don't know what to do, we've just got new broadband so i'm reluctant to access it via his phone if it has a virus. I'm not very teccy and he's only 10 yrs old!! Please help

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
He received a message from someone via Skype, opened it and now their details are embedded into his phone, everything has started to break down, he can't text, access internet pages and we can't remove this persons details from his phone. I've reset the phone but beyond that I really don't know what to do, we've just got new broadband so i'm reluctant to access it via his phone if it has a virus. I'm not very teccy and he's only 10 yrs old!! Please help

That's not a virus, that's simply phishing.
He answered to a fake login page and inserted login and password
You did well resetting, but most important is changing ALL paswords, best via pc, and later in the phone.
Everything: Microsoft account, Skype, Facebook, viber ecc eccecc.

After that relax, and teach your son he must NEVER open a message or a mail from unknow people. (took his phone and enable Skype privacy to contacts)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

you did a factory reset? That should solve the issue - windows mobile devices cannot be infected with viruses, one of the advantages of having such a system
Just as a precaution, check that your SIM is also okay -ask the telcom to check if there's any issue with it

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb