Nvidia Drivers Update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So I noticed there is a way to update the Nvidia drivers in the Nvidia Control Panel. It's under the Manage 3D settings - then Manage updates...

I did an update to 372.70 (from what ever the Win 10 Anniversary update provided).

I am just wondering if this is safe/recommend to do.

I dont seem to have any issues with detach and I didn't have to go through any of the other procedures I've seen posted on updating the drivers for Nvidia.

Thoughts?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central.

There should be no problems with getting drivers through the NVidia control panel since those would be official updates. What one should watch out for are the beta drivers from NVidia (which can also be downloaded through the NVidia control panel). These beta updates do not get downloaded through the Microsoft Update service.

Nonetheless, in my experience, Microsoft Updates for NVidia are somewhat delayed by a few days or weeks (or hours), but they most likely all ended up being the same update which is available through the NVidia control panel.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos