Microsoft removed Radio from Lumia 950 XL.!!

Jaison John1

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft removed radio app from Lumia 950 XL after my update.!! What the hell..!!! Why they removed it. ??? Now all is completed. No radio, no apps like Snapchat, no video calling apps like android. I think it's time to move to android.. 5 years I'm using Windows Phone.. But Windows done it.. I'm moving.. (soooo sad)!!!

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft removed radio app from Lumia 950 XL after my update.!! What the hell..!!! Why they removed it. ??? Now all is completed. No radio, no apps like Snapchat, no video calling apps like android. I think it's time to move to android.. 5 years I'm using Windows Phone.. But Windows done it.. I'm moving.. (soooo sad)!!!

there are 3rd party apps to fulfill your needs of radio in the app store, and yes many apps still lack on features offered by android and ios. So now you need to recall why did you ever move to windows phone and stick by it for 5 years, not forgetting that the app and feature gap is not new and has been around since the early days of windows phone.. that way you will get your answer to move on to android or not.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Right. So, please provide a link to an FM radio app in the Windows Store that supports playback through speaker and RDS, like the MS app used to. I know a lot of people would be extra pleased if you could do that. I've not been able to find one yet.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Right. So, please provide a link to an FM radio app in the Windows Store that supports playback through speaker and RDS, like the MS app used to. I know a lot of people would be extra pleased if you could do that. I've not been able to find one yet.

talking about features there is no app currently available in store that could match the stock radio app from microsoft. But what could you and us do about it, its gone likely forever and at present you havet o manage with the ones currently in store .

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
What I'm doing is hoping one of the few fm store apps gets these features soon. Would have been nice if MS had waited until the third party versions were up to speed before cutting the features and then falsely claiming we could grab a third party app that does the same thing. If only MS had provided a link to this mythical app, but I suspect it only exists in their heads.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
What I'm doing is hoping one of the few fm store apps gets these features soon. Would have been nice if MS had waited until the third party versions were up to speed before cutting the features and then falsely claiming we could grab a third party app that does the same thing. If only MS had provided a link to this mythical app, but I suspect it only exists in their heads.

last time I checked the fm radio removal had over 1000 upvotes on the feedback hub to bring it back - I've given my upvotes, maybe you can do too?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

last time I checked the fm radio removal had over 1000 upvotes on the feedback hub to bring it back - I've given my upvotes, maybe you can do too?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

You have one of the most powerful windows 10 mobile devices and you're thinking of moving to android because of missing snapchat? Take a hard look at the reasons why you bought that 950xl and reconsider

Remember that snapchat isn't ever likely to come back since the it has often been said the CEO refused to develop for windows

As for radio app, it is unfortunate and many have complained over it - the hope is that the other fm apps become better or that MS brings it back after user demand via feedback hub

Video calling apps - do you mean skype?

kjmcintosh

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
MS are going backwards. It's not very hard to understand why someone would back a product for a long time then give up.
I'm not sure where you get your definition of powerful device but I can assure you that a windows device does not fall in to that category.
I for one will be leaving the platform and the final straw was the radio.
I may have bought a phone that was void of apps and that's my own fault.
But sorry here in the UK there are law against company mis-selling consumers. I paid for a phone with a radio and now I have a phone with no radio. Yes I might go find one in the app store but then I might have to pay more or put up with adds. or the third party may just stop making a radio app.
For me MS is becoming a company of broken promises. Onedrive space, Xbox PVR, Xbox digital downloads. They cannot deliver

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes