Texting from Computer

anon(9895094)

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I am mad confused with Win10 these days... Ten skypes, updates here, updates there, fast rings, slow bracelets, redrock 1-2-5, this works here, that doesn't work there... health, band...

So my question is, was texting from PC or tablet through a connected phone not working? That's what I thought... But today I noticed that when I get a notification in the action center about that I received a text, I have an option to reply, and it works. My phone is a dual-SIM Lumia 950, the computer is a Surface 4 Pro. It is to be noted that my computer (a third device) which is also under my MS account, does not get these notifications for text. All are with AU, updated on max (regular updates, no insiders stuff, etc), the computer is with Win10 Home, the Surface is with Win10 Pro.

Any insight? Thanks...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe that may be a hold over from before the "Messaging Everywhere" and after that the whole Skype thing.

Cortana handles that, its been a thing for Android and Windows Phone for a while unless I'm mistaken. But its not the complete "open-conversations and stuff" experience many people were waiting for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077