Can't Get Into Windows on Desktop PC After AU - Command Line Only

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The AU downloaded last night. I was able to sign on and got the home screen. The AU graphic said to take a tour of the changes, so I clicked on Start and then Get Started. I left the room for a while and when I came back, the DOS screen command line had this:

"Reboot and Select Boot Device, or Insert Boot Media in Select Boot Device and Press a Key"

I don't HAVE boot media for WIN10 as it was only a download. So I rebooted the PC and when the Gateway logo appeared I pressed DEL to get into the Bios. I didn't see anything there that I could do. When I exited, it went back to the above message.

Can I create a USB boot device with the WIN10AU iso files on it or whatever it needs to boot?

Or, can I go back to the original WIN10 state?

BTW, when I do reboot, there is no selection of boot devices for me to select.

To say I'm pissed is an understatement.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The AU downloaded last night. I was able to sign on and got the home screen. The AU graphic said to take a tour of the changes, so I clicked on Start and then Get Started. I left the room for a while and when I came back, the DOS screen command line had this:

"Reboot and Select Boot Device, or Insert Boot Media in Select Boot Device and Press a Key"

I don't HAVE boot media for WIN10 as it was only a download. So I rebooted the PC and when the Gateway logo appeared I pressed DEL to get into the Bios. I didn't see anything there that I could do. When I exited, it went back to the above message.

Can I create a USB boot device with the WIN10AU iso files on it or whatever it needs to boot?

Reboot and press repeatrly ctrl, it should open the boot menu option (DVD, USB, LAN, HD), then with arrows select hard disk and hit enter
(maybe your pc uses another key e.g. F8, tell us which model it is)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte