No reception (or poor reception) for Sim 2 on Microsoft Lumia 950

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I recently added a SIM 2 (and second phone number) to a Microsoft Lumia 950. The service on the SIM 2 slot is terrible. I will have 4 bars on SIM 1 and no service on SIM 2. I've switched my cards around and still have the same problem with the SIM 2 slot.

Is there a setting that needs to be updated to use the SIM 2 slot? Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I recently added a SIM 2 (and second phone number) to a Microsoft Lumia 950. The service on the SIM 2 slot is terrible. I will have 4 bars on SIM 1 and no service on SIM 2. I've switched my cards around and still have the same problem with the SIM 2 slot.

Is there a setting that needs to be updated to use the SIM 2 slot? Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks!

Which windows 10 build you got? Older builds before Anniversary update sometimes got that iussue

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Thanks!

try getting a new sim and test it

Try also when there's no sim in the first slot and see what happens

If the sim 2 slot still shows poor reception, then your phone might be faulty and a repair would be necessary

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077