When i change wifi adapters i loose my workgroup and mapped drives

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've bought a repeater/router to help boost the wifi signal at the other end of my home.
It connects to my Billion 7800nxl and then to the rest of the world.
When i connect directly to the billion I have internet and access to the Homegroup and mapped drives.
When i change network adapters to the Comcast booster. I still have internet access but am no longer a member of the Homegroup and the mapped drives dont' work. In fact i see no workgroups to join

I also get a message that says
"network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Please turn on network discivery in the Network And Sharing Centre"

So i go to the network sharing center and under Advance settings it says Network discovery is turned ON.

What am i missing. Why can't the alternative wifi adapter see and join the same workgroup ?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've bought a repeater/router to help boost the wifi signal at the other end of my home.
When i connect directly to the billion I have internet and access to the Homegroup and mapped drives.
When i change network adapters to the Comcast booster. I still have internet access but am no longer a member of the Homegroup and the mapped drives dont' work. In fact i see no workgroups to join

"network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Please turn on network discivery in the Network And Sharing Centre"

So i go to the network sharing center and under Advance settings it says Network discovery is turned ON.

What am i missing. Why can't the alternative wifi adapter see and join the same workgroup ?

Try writing Services on Cortana / Search taskbar, then open the found Services app.
Look for the same name service and check status. If necessary ,enable and start it, then reboot all devices

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap