Microsoft Lumia 535 Exclamation mark on boot up attempt

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Ok, So today I fitted a new glass screen and digitizer on my Lumia 535. After installation the phone failed to boot. I press the power button and the phone vibrates as if it was switching on but boots into a screen with an exclamation mark and stays on this screen for about 7-8 seconds and then loops around. However, When I try and boot up my phone without the charger plugged in I just get the red low battery symbol.

I have tried everything I can find online as far as I know, Power on holding volume down and power for 10 seconds ( Exclamation screen) And I have tried Holding volume down whilst plugging in charger and releasing the volume down when the exclamation mark appears and pressing Volume Up, Volume Down, Power button, Volume down and nothing.

I have also just tried the recovery tool on my laptop. I plug in my phone go through the step by step and then my phone turns red with a loading screen and after 5 minuets it says it has complete but nothing has actually changed.

If anyone knows anything else I could try I would really appreciate it very mumch!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok, So today I fitted a new glass screen and digitizer on my Lumia 535. After installation the phone failed to boot. I press the power button and the phone vibrates as if it was switching on but boots into a screen with an exclamation mark and stays on this screen for about 7-8 seconds and then loops around. However, When I try and boot up my phone without the charger plugged in I just get the red low battery symbol.

I have tried everything I can find online as far as I know, Power on holding volume down and power for 10 seconds ( Exclamation screen) And I have tried Holding volume down whilst plugging in charger and releasing the volume down when the exclamation mark appears and pressing Volume Up, Volume Down, Power button, Volume down and nothing.

I have also just tried the recovery tool on my laptop. I plug in my phone go through the step by step and then my phone turns red with a loading screen and after 5 minuets it says it has complete but nothing has actually changed.

If anyone knows anything else I could try I would really appreciate it very mumch!!

maybe the installation messed up something else in the hardware inside? Are you sure the repair went perfectly?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo