I set a password and it's not working

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I bought a Dell, set it up, put in and reentered the password and it's telling me it's wrong. I obviously typed it in wrong but have tried 100 different combos of what it could be and it's not working. I have tried to reset password but asking for a removable media - so put in a USB and it said it is not a password reset disk..... help please..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A password reset disk is something you create when you create the password, so if you don't have one, you don't have one.

I'm not sure what to tell you, you may have to start over or something from scratch.

silentFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Did you setup using your Microsoft account? If so then you just need to change your password online and wait for your connected pc to update the password else you might be starting from scratch.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Dell, set it up, put in and reentered the password and it's telling me it's wrong. I obviously typed it in wrong but have tried 100 different combos of what it could be and it's not working. I have tried to reset password but asking for a removable media - so put in a USB and it said it is not a password reset disk..... help please..

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb