Disabled speakers, can?t restore it, can?t have sounds. Urgent stupid question

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,
I would highly appreciate any help as I really can?t find anything what could possibly help.
I know how stupid is sounds. My system got some updates (it took about 2 hours). Afterwards, the sound didn?t work properly (the background was somehow very noisy) and I didn?t know how to fix it.
So I disabled speakers and thought I could easily enable them again. However the system got frozen and I had to Alt+F4 it.
Afterwards I just can?t find a playback device. It is lost. When trying to find speaker, the system tells me "no speakers are plugged in".
When I try to find speakers, it says "no audio device is installed".

I have no idea what to do, I tried to go all over properties but just can?t find the "speaker device", even though I just disabled it and wanted to enable it again 5 seconds later. (but then the error occured).

Sorry for my bad English, I seek any help possible.
Thank you, Pavel

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I would highly appreciate any help as I really can?t find anything what could possibly help.
I know how stupid is sounds. My system got some updates (it took about 2 hours). Afterwards, the sound didn?t work properly (the background was somehow very noisy) and I didn?t know how to fix it.
So I disabled speakers and thought I could easily enable them again. However the system got frozen and I had to Alt+F4 it.
Afterwards I just can?t find a playback device. It is lost. When trying to find speaker, the system tells me "no speakers are plugged in".
When I try to find speakers, it says "no audio device is installed".

I have no idea what to do, I tried to go all over properties but just can?t find the "speaker device", even though I just disabled it and wanted to enable it again 5 seconds later. (but then the error occured).

Sorry for my bad English, I seek any help possible.
Thank you, Pavel

Open COntrol Panel -> System -> Devices -> Check if there are some ! yellow mark, click on them , properties, update driver

Paeris

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your answer. However that?s the problem. I can?t find any speakers there.

When I visit device manager, I can?t find speakers there.
I have 3 things enabled:
Intel (R) Display Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio

No speakers to be found there.
Please do you know anything what would help? Thank you.

Paeris

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
And when I search for audio devices, all I find is Realtek Digital Output, which also aren?t speakers.
What I changed initially was Device usage: don?t use this device. Unfortunately it disappered completely afterwards.

Paeris

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Oh, I solved it finally. Found it on Google.

Solution:
Right-click the speaker icon in the notification area (it should have a red X on it)
Choose "Playback devices"
The Sound control panel should appear, on the "Playback Devices" tab - there won't be any playback devices visible.
Right-click in the main area of the window where the devices would normally appear.
Check the "Show Disabled Devices" option.

At this point your speakers should re-appear, but will still be disabled.
Right-click the speakers and choose Enable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo