Vinci app a disappointment

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
After reading this review of the vinci app: http://www.windowscentral.com/vinci-windows-10-mobile-app-review I thought I would try it out. I downloaded it over wifi and then went home to test it out

First problem -none of the filters would load since it needed internet to load them. That was extremely weird and a poor choice - none of the other filter apps I've tried needed me to have internet to download the filters

So I went back to the cafe, downloaded the filters, tried out a couple of them just to see they work and then went home

Again, 2 issues arose. One is that the vinci app crashes when scrolling through the photos to pick one to apply a filter on. In fact, the app crashes exactly 5 seconds after opening the photos

Second is all the filters that got downloaded are gone. The app opens while saying -no filters present or something of that sort. So I have to go back to the cafe to download the filters again? If that isn't some foolish design decision, than I don't know what is

Third - the camera part of it doesn't open - so I can't take live photos and then apply filters

The app didn't have any button for feedback - so I did the next best thing and uninstalled it

And after checking matissa, another similar app, it al;so has the same stupid behaviour of asking me to download filters when I need to use the app. So I've uninstalled that one too.

Has anyone had the same experience as me?

silentFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
The famous Prisma app was also online before it brought support for offline filters. And the advantage of the filters being online is that it lessens app workload and two it removes need for an app update to bring new filters.
As for the app clashing please try uninstalling and reinstalling preferably to the phone memory because mine doesn't clash.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The famous Prisma app was also online before it brought support for offline filters. And the advantage of the filters being online is that it lessens app workload and two it removes need for an app update to bring new filters.
As for the app clashing please try uninstalling and reinstalling preferably to the phone memory because mine doesn't clash.

That's not an advantage, so I have to keep wasting data downloading the filters dozens of times a day?
I'll install it when I go back to the cafe for wifi, maybe a week later

And it is on internal storage, don't have a sd card

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs