Why do i have two program folders? (not x86) (windows 10)

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

For some reason i have two "normal" program folders, and they seem to contain the same things...
I thought one was a shortcut, but it doesn't say that it is :I

And it's not the x86 one i'm talking about...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
For some reason i have two "normal" program folders, and they seem to contain the same things...
I thought one was a shortcut, but it doesn't say that it is :I

And it's not the x86 one i'm talking about...

both are exactly the same in content and size?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

SCHNEK

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes they are... It must be a shortcut, but i never made one...
And I could've sworn that they used to open the shortcuts properties and not the actual programs/files properties :I
Oh well... I just didn't want to remove it when i was unsure, but is it safe to just delete the "shortcut" then?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
And I could've sworn that they used to open the shortcuts properties and not the actual programs/files properties :I
Oh well... I just didn't want to remove it when i was unsure, but is it safe to just delete the "shortcut" then?

if you know which is the shortcut, then yes

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site

If you right click and go to properties, it should bring you to the shortcut's properties and not the properties of the actual folder it is pointing to. There shouldn't be two files with the exact name either, when you go to properties, it will let you see the actual folder name, make sure one doesn't have another space on it.

SCHNEK

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Sk?rmklipp.PNG
It looks like a shortcut, but brings me to the properties of the normal programs folder :(

EDIT: It's in swedish btw, forgot about that... sorry :p
Pretty sure it looks the same though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes