Issues after restart bug and hard reset to factory defaults.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So my phone (Lumia 640) was hit with the restart bug. I was left with no option but to do a factory reset. I went through the proper procedures: I (somehow) managed to verify that my phone had created a backup of my apps and settings. I removed the SD card, just in case. Etc, etc.

However, after the reset, upon attempting to download my backups, I was met with several problems.

The first, OneDrive apparently has no backup for me to access. I've tried numerous times but there seems to be no backups to be had.

The second, several apps I had had installed are, seemingly, no longer available on the Windows store.

So what am I to glean from all this? Because of some poorly coded bull**** leading to an OS or firmware bug, I've lost a hefty chunk of personal data and cherished applications, despite using MS's 'backup' feature?*

*(if this sounds hostile, it's likely because it is. I'm very agitated by this.)

I still have the SD card, unformatted. However, there seems to be no meaningful way for me to recover what is on it. At least, not in any way that my phone will recognize.

Any advice anyone can give, besides dropping this piece of junk and getting an Android?

R0leM0del

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I have now 4 windows mobile devices on 4 different Microsoft accounts running 8.1 and I can't download any apps on any of them. Keep getting error code c101b000.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap