How much storage space windows10 Mobile will take up for Lumia 640XL?smooth with the latest version?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

hi, i'm considering to upgrade my Lumia 640 XL to Windows 10 Mobile, i'm wonder how much storage space it will taken up for my Lumia 640XL? is it running smooth with the latest version? worth to upgrade or not?

Thanks....

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi and welcome to windows central forum.

i'm wonder how much storage space it will taken up for my Lumia 640XL?

you require minimum 2gb of internal phone memory in order to successfully update to anniversary update.

is it running smooth with the latest version?

yes current builds/version of OS is very stable in terms of general use. Moreover we are expecting a new version on the upcoming patch Tuesday. The upcoming patch will hugely improve the experience with more bug fixes and improvements. '

If you can manage a hard reset and fresh start with your phone , i would suggest you to upgrade to windows 10 because upgrading to windows 10 should always be followed by a hard reset to counter and fix any glitch arisen due to the upgrade and if you cant then stick with 8.1.

you require minimum 2gb of internal phone memory in order to successfully update to anniversary update.

Go for it ;)

If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , click on the smiley :) to learn how to join our forums.

Fredrik07

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
hi abhishek singh21, thanks for answering my questions. i was worried windows 10 will eating up internal memory, thanks for clearing my doubt. i just got my Lumia 640XL days ago. i was switch from android phone, so still learning to use this OS. since you said, there is upcoming version, i just wait for the new version to be launched, before that i have to find out how to manage a hard reset. will appreciate if you can provide some info on this. Thx...

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
hi abhishek singh21, thanks for answering my questions. i was worried windows 10 will eating up internal memory, thanks for clearing my doubt. i just got my Lumia 640XL days ago. i was switch from android phone, so still learning to use this OS. since you said, there is upcoming version, i just wait for the new version to be launched, before that i have to find out how to manage a hard reset. will appreciate if you can provide some info on this. Thx...

Hi, you shouldn't worry about windows 10 eating up your phone memory anytime. After hard reset you can change default app storage to SD card and keep the internal memory untouched. You will be able to clear off the cache and other temporary data by entering the particular app and cleaning the history or saved data.

To initiate a hard reset, navigate to settings-about-reset on windows 8.1 and on windows 10 mobile navigate to settings- system- abiut- reset your phone .

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android %)

Fredrik07

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi, you shouldn't worry about windows 10 eating up your phone memory anytime. After hard reset you can change default app storage to SD card and keep the internal memory untouched. You will be able to clear off the cache and other temporary data by entering the particular app and cleaning the history or saved data.

To initiate a hard reset, navigate to settings-about-reset on windows 8.1 and on windows 10 mobile navigate to settings- system- abiut- reset your phone .

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android %)

hi, steps to upgrading to Windows 10,
1st step: hard reset, fresh start
2nd step: install upgrade Advisor in Store
3rd step: Run Upgrade Advisor & follow the whole process.

am i correct?? thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon