The Windows Central new 10 App will not install, passes error.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I recently upgraded to a elite x3, of course all the apps need to be downloaded and installed, which they did. The original windows central app downloaded and worked like all the others. However, the new 10 windows central app I prefer to use starts downloading, then days restoring user data, then goes back to installing before stopping and passing an error. That error is 0x8007007a.

In addition, the phone was also downloading and installing the anniversary update at the same time, and I believe that when I said restart after that update, the apps may have still been downloading it it may have been on the windows central 10 app, so maybe that affected it?

Please tell me how I can resolve this, tried removing from download list and starting again to same result.

Heatnup

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I solved the issue myself by going to settings and storage and changing the location for new apps from this device to my sd card. After installing the affected app, I went back to settings and changed it back to this device. All is good. I think this confirms that the affected app was downloading when the phone restarted corrupting the cached files. I suspect if you knew how to go into that location on the phone and clear those files out, the app would also install fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077