Forced updates kills Windows 10 for me, how do I disable it without losing access to the Store?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Every night I wake up to my PC being in sleep mode because Windows has decided to update my PC during the night. The only problem is I end up losing any work or downloads I had going during the night, I put Steam on and oh look I'll have to wait to play a game I was downloading. The other night I was uploading WoW Classic client to my friend and oh look it cancelled. Windows 10 has no respect for anything that you're doing, it just forces these updates on you... some of which give you driver issues, I use a specific driver for Rainbow Six Siege as the game is broken for me, but oh look Windows don't care...

I use the store to play Gears or Forza, however disabling these updates then kills that off as they're stupidly forced online play and require the latest update like the anniversary update which breaks my mic and sound drivers.

I just want to be able to turn automatic updates off and manually install them myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss