I tried to combine my disk drives, but in the process accidentally deleted my D drive.

ImagineTheEnding

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I tried to follow a tutorial I found here on this site. It was to merge my C: and D: drivers. I deleted the volume space for D: because it was already empty. When I did, it disappeared. I then couldn't merge it's space with C:. The space is still there. I just can't access it. It seems to be on a different disk with an untitled name.

I took a screenshot of my disk manager to show it's current state, but when I try to attach it, the website flags it as spam.

I didn't do a back up of D, if anyone asked. Mostly because it was completely empty.

If anyone could help me, that would be wonderful. I have Windows 10

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I'm not sure what you done. I extended my C drive after updating to w10, Here's what my disk manager shows. Welcome to Windows Central. If you need more help please join the forum here!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 10

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Sorry for not getting back to you sooner! I've been having some problems with my PC. I got it all fixed up. A couple of questions. Are you right clicking? Your screen shot looks like you are left clicking. You need to allocate the end partition. then do the same to the D partition. Then you should be able to merge and just have a C partition like my screen shot shows! Here's link!
Merge Partitions Unallocated Space to Extend Partition Size without Losing Data

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos