Help, I Can't download any apps via Windows Store On windows 8.1 Enterprise & 10

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
A few moments ago, I tried to download App from the store on My PC and I couldn't error message appears coded >> "0x800704d5" & couldn't Continue Purchase even if with free apps, I tried on another Windows 10 Laptop and same error couldn't download.

I tried more apps and same error -_- , using the Mobile as hotspot fix it but still The issue present via normal Home WIFI conncetion , I tried :

? Resetting the Router.
? Restarting the PC.
? Tried Scanning for windows errors & Hard Drive errors & everything is clear.
? Disconnecting and ReConnecting to My account from the PC
? Tried To use different MS Account and same problem.
? Date, Time & Location are Accurate.
? Cleared Windows Store Cache.
? Tried Both Free & Non-Free Apps in Both PCs and same Issue.

**** PLEASE, I Need a fix to it, It is ** F u c k i n g ** annoying & I've seen some people stuck with it for long time , please help

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi If I ask dumb questions or repeat things you already tried, I'm sorry. Have you always had this problem? How did you upgrade to W10? I have found that a in-place upgrade repair can fix a lot of W10 issues. It takes a long time to complete(2 hours+) It solved a lot of problems for me. You will be able to keep all your apps. Have you considered a clean install or a reset? Here's link to in-place upgrade!
How to repair Windows 10 with in-place upgrade. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos
The repair of Windows 10, can resolve many problems in Windows 10 functionality and some times is the most reliable and quickest way to fix the Windows 10 malfunctions. Also the in-place Windows 10 upgrade, which performed with the repair process, ensures that Windows 10 have the latest updates and fixes installed.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi If I ask dumb questions or repeat things you already tried, I'm sorry. Have you always had this problem? How did you upgrade to W10? I have found that a in-place upgrade repair can fix a lot of W10 issues. It takes a long time to complete(2 hours+) It solved a lot of problems for me. You will be able to keep all your apps. Have you considered a clean install or a reset? Here's link to in-place upgrade!
How to repair Windows 10 with in-place upgrade. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos
The repair of Windows 10, can resolve many problems in Windows 10 functionality and some times is the most reliable and quickest way to fix the Windows 10 malfunctions. Also the in-place Windows 10 upgrade, which performed with the repair process, ensures that Windows 10 have the latest updates and fixes installed.

Thanks for the answer , the issue appeared in two different PCs as i mentioned, windows 10 on the laptop is Clean install and on the latest commercial update and had no issues, it is just appeared out of no where, same case as windows 8.1 -_- which is frustrating

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Bob! You might give this a try. It works for me!
: Run wsreset and, if needed, reboot. The easiest way to do so is to open Cortana or the Run dialog (WINKEY + R) and type wsreset followed by Enter. The Windows Store app will then open. I didn’t need to reboot, either: Upon checking Downloads, and retrying the app, it started immediately downloading.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Bob! You might give this a try. It works for me!
: Run wsreset and, if needed, reboot. The easiest way to do so is to open Cortana or the Run dialog (WINKEY + R) and type wsreset followed by Enter. The Windows Store app will then open. I didn’t need to reboot, either: Upon checking Downloads, and retrying the app, it started immediately downloading.

hello, just done that in both with no hope :(

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Bob! What happened when you reset? I got a command prompt screen and then it loaded the store. Did you give it time to reset and open up the store? Mine took a few seconds, but then opened up the store. I can't believe a in-place upgrade repair didn't fix your issue. I really don't have any more suggestions at this time!

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Bob! What happened when you reset? I got a command prompt screen and then it loaded the store. Did you give it time to reset and open up the store? Mine took a few seconds, but then opened up the store. I can't believe a in-place upgrade repair didn't fix your issue. I really don't have any more suggestions at this time!

the trouble shooter was the first option, did say that there were problems and was fixed, i rebooted the system and nothing ha changed -_-

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Two more questions sir! What anti-virus are you using and what happens in safe mode?? You could also try a clean boot!
Reboot in Selective Startup mode

To reboot the system in Selective Startup
On Desktop press Windows key + R. This opens the run window
Type in MSCONFIGand press Enter
Under General tab uncheck on “Load Startup items”
Under Services tab check on “Hide all Microsoft services” and click on Disable all
Now reboot the system and try to install it again

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-unable-install-apps-windows-8-store

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Two more questions sir! What anti-virus are you using and what happens in safe mode?? You could also try a clean boot!
Reboot in Selective Startup mode

To reboot the system in Selective Startup
On Desktop press Windows key + R. This opens the run window
Type in MSCONFIGand press Enter
Under General tab uncheck on “Load Startup items”
Under Services tab check on “Hide all Microsoft services” and click on Disable all
Now reboot the system and try to install it again

Unable to Install Apps from Windows Store

Thanks for the answer,
I tried it for both and sadly didn't work :( I even tried to Sync App Licenses & another error appeared <Your Apps Licenses Couldn't Be Synced>
:(( That's causing real trouble at the moment :(

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! You have done a reset on both devises. You can't load Apps from safe mode or selective startup mode(Clean boot)!
You have tried all the other suggestions and still you can't install Apps?? You haven't answered my question about anti-virus. You are having this problem on two different OS's and two different devises, and this just started.:wink: I don't know!

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi! You have done a reset on both devises. You can't load Apps from safe mode or selective startup mode(Clean boot)!
You have tried all the other suggestions and still you can't install Apps?? You haven't answered my question about anti-virus. You are having this problem on two different OS's and two different devises, and this just started.:wink: I don't know!

Yes, Forgot to mention, I use the normal windows defender, and I did try the method while it is On and off and still didn't work, and yes, I can't Load apps or download new apps giving the same error while I'm on Safe Mod as well! :(

The Problem suddenly appeared in Both PC & Lap top & both are using the same MS account, I did try to change the account and made new one & also Tried local account , without any effect, still same error appears !

Edit: Both are running same OS, i tried using 3rd Device running windows 8.1 using The same Account on it, the problem isn't there!

• Tried to Sync Apps Licenses and it failed!!

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Bob Thanks for your reply. I'm out of ideas.:wink: I wish you luck with this issue. I gave it my best shot. I'm sure you are discouraged. Give up is not in my vocabulary, but I'm out of ideas!
This won't help but here's a link about this here on the forum!
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/282930-cant-sync-licenses-windows-store-[win-8-rt].html

Thanks for the answer, did follow both links and still Not fixed, that's absolutely frustrating ;( sure no giving up, but looking at very busy schedule and the amount of inconvenience this issue is cause, I might have to re-do the whole thing and re-install new version of the OS, Although I'm not sure what will be the difference knowing that the current one is okay, no troubleshooter could find any error !! the an #OuttaNoWhere issue :(

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the answer, did follow both links and still Not fixed, that's absolutely frustrating ;( sure no giving up, but looking at very busy schedule and the amount of inconvenience this issue is cause, I might have to re-do the whole thing and re-install new version of the OS, Although I'm not sure what will be the difference knowing that the current one is okay, no troubleshooter could find any error !! the an #OuttaNoWhere issue :(

My problem is store won't open (crashes), same goes for many of the apps apps. Every command, tool, clean-boot, reinstall and so on has been a complete and utter failure with a fresh install appearing inevitable. No sure what MS did but rather than a "smart" PC it has reverted to the dumb side and this ain't the only PC w/W10 I've encountered that's done so.

So store issue are not only cropping up on mobile they have migrated their way into PCs as well, think MS has got to figure out the "basics" and stick with that before throwing all the nuts and bolts in.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
but rather than a "smart" PC it has reverted to the dumb side

I totally agree, things took a down curve under cover of increasing "productivity" but i see nothing of that in the solid ground!, Glitch After Glitch, Error after Error and I'm not using any of "Testing" versions , all are the official ones, I've never seen such issues in windows 8 or 8.1

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys! Here's my thoughts. Why are some users having these issues and others are not having them? I don't use the store, but I haven't had any trouble with it, that I'm aware of at this time! IMHO it has to be some thing to do with the device, the Apps, the area. I'm not understanding why Microsoft,s updates cause so many problems.
I just did a in-place repair upgrade. Got tired of the latest updates failing to install. Every thing seems to be working and all the updates are installed. That may all change next patch Tuesday. I finally learned to create a back up image before each patch Tuesday. My thinking is that Microsoft still has a lot of bugs to iron out before this OS ever gets as stable that W7 was! I went from XP to W7 and skipped Vista and W8.
Good luck guys. I hope you get your issues solved and post back here with your results! Happy computering.:wink: See you around the forum!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)