Win10 Anniversary Update fails, but no error code.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi

Checking update history shows no errors, just the update waiting to be installed.

Here's what happens: update goes all the way through to the end, then it hangs with a black screen with the little dots going round and will sit like that for as long as I'll let it. There's no hard drive activity during this period.

When I eventually get bored of waiting, I do a hard reboot and the previous version is reinstated.

Any ideas how to move on from this?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
To update to anniversary update and face minimum bugs or none use media creation tool by Microsoft. By personal experience it is the best way to upgrade to anniversary update.
you could download the media creation tool here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=XcEhI8cj
Here is a knowledge article on How to by Windows Central: Use the Microsoft media creation tool to force the Windows 10 Anniversary Update today | Windows Central
At present you could try disabling any Antivirus. Disconnect any external devices you don't need and retry installing.

If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven