Recieving error 0x80070057 while upgrading to builds 14951 - 14955 - 14959

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm on fast ring WM. currently i'm on build 14946. tried to update to mentioned builds but with no success. Error received 0x80070057.

ty_rex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Exactly the same problem here, it commences the download 'RS_PRERELEASE', then fails with a few seconds with the error you mentioned.

My device is a Lumia 1020 with 'registry modifications' to make it appear as a Lumia 950 XL. Not sure if that's part of the problem or not?

nsarraj

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
for your response, i'd tried all steps mentioned on link you provided but still the same. As for Hard reset, already applied. Take into kind consideration that my device is Nokia Lumia 1520. As I've seen, all owners of the same device have the same problem.

ty_rex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah same here - already hard resetted. The process above didn't help sadly. Has anybody managed to go directly from 14946 to 14959? Or did everyone go from 14946>51>55>59?

Anthony199

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Have you been able to solve this issue?
Already tried the famous workaround of changing the date, and performed a hard reset, and even tried to update before restoring, but nothing worked.

ty_rex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you been able to solve this issue?
Already tried the famous workaround of changing the date, and performed a hard reset, and even tried to update before restoring, but nothing worked.

Yep did all of the above, but still getting the same error code. Done lots of Google searching and it appears nobody has an answer :-(

ty_rex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
No, I can't get to any build after 14946 unfortunately. The latest build 14965 is no different - the download aborts after a few seconds :(

A quick google suggests that the 80070057 error is related to your MS/Live account, I've noticed one of the comments recommended changing dates. Since many of us had problems with the 14951 build and being told to manually change their phone's date into the far future (which I did, but wasn't successful), I wonder if this has broken something with our MS accounts? Has anybody tried a hard reset & setting up a new MS account altogether and seeing if they can upgrade?

nsarraj

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
something to notice while trying to update is that the build number is followed with "RS_release" could this be the problem ? ... moreover, has anyone try to flip back to 8.1 and update ?

ty_rex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Just to follow up on this one - I gave up trying to fix the problem - it looks like 14946 broke the Windows Update process on my phone altogether. Tried lots of workaround with no success.

So I backed up my phone, then used Windows Device Recovery Tool to restore my phone back to 8.1. When it first booted to 8.1 I didn't sign in to my MS account or restore data. Then I reinstalled Windows Insider and took my phone back up to Windows 10 (on my 1020 I had to do some additional hacking as described here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-redstone-unsupported-devices-x2x-series.html), then kept updating on the Slow Ring until my phone ended up on 14965. I only signed into my MS account and restored data once I got to 14965.

My phone is working perfectly now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs