Photosynth - Microsoft ICE question

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. The photosynth website is following its app into oblivion and I'm terribly disappointed :crying: . With the advent of 360 capture it was bound to happen, however devices like the gear360 are still awfully expensive and the quality isn't comparable to something stitched from a video, or pictures taken by a pureview camera. I need assistance in preserving my workflow. ( well, it's not work but for fun so maybe I should call it my funflow?) They did provide an offline photosynth viewer but it doesn't give you the ability to create .pano files.

I usually take a video from my lumia phone, run it thru microsoft ICE ( Image composite editor ), have the program upload it to the photosynth website then have the website export it as a .pano file to my PC or phone. I do it this way because ICE only exports as TIFF or JPG or uploads it to the photosynth website. I can then use the photosynth website's ability to export as .pano file which any windows 8/10 PC or phone can show dynamically as you pan/tilt/rotate your device. The photo app acts like a cheap but still incredibly satisfying pseudo-VR viewer. I absolutely Love It.

What I want is to be able to use ICE's 360 TIff or JPG output and convert it to .pano

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :grin:

Fun Fact : The Offline Photosynth viewer's source code will be released in github before photosynth is consigned to the dustbin of history. The repository was created by a principal program manager at hololens. hmmmm, interesting.

Last edited:

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question but I really want one because I have done the same thing as you to get .pano files.
It makes me sad seeing no replies to the exact question I have.

Supposedly this software can create .pano files but I have not been able to figure out how to even open the program... I think it is just a bunch of source code that needs to be compiled into a real program.

Another thing, .pano files are like zip archives. You can open them in 7zip and see the inner workings of how pano files work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes