Is it possible to disable screen lock timeout in some way for Groove when adding music?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello All.

So I just bought a 200GB micro SD card for my 950XL. I copied the contents of my old micro SD card to it, along with my 100+GB music collection. So now Groove on my 950XL is slowly adding all the songs from the new micro SD card but, every time the screen locks, it seems Groove forgets about adding songs and starts again from the beginning again (or just stops and I have to get it to start adding songs again - it then starts from zero).

Is there any way for Groove to add songs automatically in the background without needing the phone unlocked and Groove in the foreground?

Many thanks.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
check under settings that groove is allowed to perform in the background or other workaround is to navigate to lock screen settings and under lock screen timeout choose the time interval as never.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello All.

So I just bought a 200GB micro SD card for my 950XL. I copied the contents of my old micro SD card to it, along with my 100+GB music collection. So now Groove on my 950XL is slowly adding all the songs from the new micro SD card but, every time the screen locks, it seems Groove forgets about adding songs and starts again from the beginning again (or just stops and I have to get it to start adding songs again - it then starts from zero).

Is there any way for Groove to add songs automatically in the background without needing the phone unlocked and Groove in the foreground?

Many thanks.

I have a really silly workaround for this as there is no option to keep the phone on forever.

Open groove, let it synch, you open some video on your phone and let groove run in the background. Pause the video and let it be. The screen won't shut as long as the video is on the screen. And groove will hopefully be adding songs in the background.

Lemme know if this silly trick works. :)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a really silly workaround for this as there is no option to keep the phone on forever.

Open groove, let it synch, you open some video on your phone and let groove run in the background. Pause the video and let it be. The screen won't shut as long as the video is on the screen. And groove will hopefully be adding songs in the background.

Lemme know if this silly trick works. :)

That's actually an ace idea! Luckily I have added the bulk of my music collection now so I can easily sync small file amounts instead.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Are you copying the card directly OR are you syncing your music via Windows media player? If you use Windows media player a screen timeout / lock on the phone won't matter until you disconnect the phone from the computer. When you connect an unlocked phone to a computer they remain paired even if the phone times out / screen locks.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Are you copying the card directly OR are you syncing your music via Windows media player? If you use Windows media player a screen timeout / lock on the phone won't matter until you disconnect the phone from the computer. When you connect an unlocked phone to a computer they remain paired even if the phone times out / screen locks.

I wanted to sync the music files on the phone itself. Groove says syncing x songs and I leave it and then the screen times out. I unlock it with a passcode and then the sync process starts again. As said though, I managed to sync 98% of my songs now so small amounts of songs Groove is happy to sync.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss