why can i not download any apps from the windows store.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I cannot download any apps from the store. I have followed all forum suggestions to no avail. Windows 10 anniversary update and edge. Microsoft sup[ort had me reload w10 in order to solve other problems, but it did not help with app downloading. Most forum solutions are basic and are dated.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Can you help us by explaining exactly what happens when you try to install Store apps?

Maybe a silly question, but have you signed in with a Microsoft account?

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I had that problem for months. Turns out "my" XBOX profile was set to not allow anything to be downloaded.
I never used any xbox or any profile connected to xbox. I tried everything, and reinstalled more times than I can remember - with and without downloading settings. It was only because some app finally threw up an error that was different from the "Something went wrong on our end - please try again in a few minutes" error I had gotten till then.

Edit:
Come to think of it, I could download apps I already owned from "my library" in the store. So I could download some apps. It was just anything I hadn't downloaded before I couldn't download. I bumped into this problem with a new computer, and when Edge began to support adblock and other plugins, I was bummed that I couldn't download anything new from the store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss