• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

In the old windows 7 pro, the recovery partition is missed

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi It creates some kind a recovery partition. I'm thinking it is a recovery partition for W10, but it's not used the same way. I don't want to disagree with my friend @xandros9, but if you create a system rescue drive, it asks if you want to delete the recovery partition! Here's a good read from HTG. This is my understanding and I could be wrong. How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10
Windows 8 or 10 allows you to create a recovery drive (USB) or system repair disc (CD or DVD) that can be used to troubleshoot and restore your computer. Each type of recovery media gives you access to Windows’ advanced startup options.

You can also copy your computer’s recovery partition to the drive, creating a backup copy. After you create the backup copy, Windows will allow you to remove the recovery partition from your computer, freeing up gigabytes of space.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Here's a screen shot of my C drive showing some kind a recovery partition. I created a rescue drive but I opted out of deleting it. I don't need the free space!
I'm going to do more research about this and post back latter!:smile:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos