Nokia Lumia 930 PC Connection Problem.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

A dear lady who I am trying to assist has purchase a Nokia Lumia 930 Windows phone. The local 02 shop transferred her data from her old phone but things like her Contacts log have become muddled. It is far easier to resolve issues like these, together with backup, on a PC rather than on a mob. phone so I downloaded Nokia Suite onto the PC. Unfortunately her phone, for some reason, won't connect to Nokia Suite. I have spoken to Nokia who referred me to their support company B2X who were about as useful as a chocolate teapot! So far the support from Microsoft, Nokia and B2X, for a new item has been non-existent. Has anyone managed to connect a Lumia, particularly a 930 to a PC application/software programme in order to access it. Yes, I can access the date via My Computer but that doesn't give me full control over the phone.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Suite does not support Lumia devices. If you want to manage contacts, you can easily sign in to Outlook Contacts using the same Microsoft account as on the phone and manage the contacts there.

Sabrerattler

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks gordonfink. Yes the PC sees the phone but phone related software does'nt.

Shmsnh thanks. Its really disappointing that there is no software available to manage the phone. I have a Huawei P and that uses HiSuite, and that works well. Before I had a Samsung that used Kies which again did the job perfectly. It seems Nokia has nothing which is pretty appalling!

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you are having difficulty managing. Files can be managed using Windows Explorer like any external storage device. And like I said, contacts can be managed on the People web app or the People app on Windows 10.

And yeah, Zune was for Windows Phone 7 devices. I do not think it works with newer devices.

This is the state of things now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap