Turned Off My Windows 10 Tablet During Factory Reset And Now It Won't Boot

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So yesterday i got my new Windows 10 tablet. It's a Lamina T-1016. It's a Nordic version of the Linx tablets. I started downloading updates but the download failed multiple times, taking more and more space every time i tried downloading again and i couldn't find where the updates are stored.

Since i only have 32GB internal storage, my storage was filling up fast because of these stupid updates. So when i finally manage to download and install the updates, i remembered that i just should have installed the "Anniversary Update" right away instead of installing those updates for my current Windows 10 version.

I have a MicroSD card in the tablet too and "my profile" is supposedly on that SD card.
So during the installation of the new Anniversary Update, the installer got stuck on the same number, over and over again, probably because i didn't have enough space left after all those other updates.

So i decided to do a Factory Reset. Restarted my computer and then started the Factory reset. But it got stuck on 6% all the time. It was probably trying to find the "My Profile" folder since it was located on my MicroSD card (Supposedly). I restarted my computer about 4 times during the reset until the computer stopped working.

When i start up my computer, i only get to the "Lamina" Logo and then i turn off it self.
I can enter the whatever it's called menu, you know the menu that allows you to boot from USB and other locations and device settings and stuff. I have 2 USB ports, maybe i can install Windows 10 again from there, i don't know. Please help me someone!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I have no idea what you have done. If your devise had W10 installed; and it was signed a digital license, you should be able to reinstall W10 as many times as you want to. The only solution that I know is to down load the MCT on a flash drive and install a fresh install of W10. Other members may reply latter. This is Christmas.
Go here and down load the media creation tool! https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=RIT_sIcb

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I know what you did.
The storage that was getting filled was temporary. Once the update would have completely installed on your device, you would have been able to see the storage getting free again, automatically.
Originally posted by Windows Central Question
So yesterday i got my new Windows 10 tablet. It's a Lamina T-1016. It's a Nordic version of the Linx tablets. I started downloading updates but the download failed multiple times, taking more and more space every time i tried downloading again and i couldn't find where the updates are stored.

Since i only have 32GB internal storage, my storage was filling up fast because of these stupid updates. So when i finally manage to download and install the updates, i remembered that i just should have installed the "Anniversary Update" right away instead of installing those updates for my current Windows 10 version.

I have a MicroSD card in the tablet too and "my profile" is supposedly on that SD card.
So during the installation of the new Anniversary Update, the installer got stuck on the same number, over and over again, probably because i didn't have enough space left after all those other updates.

So i decided to do a Factory Reset. Restarted my computer and then started the Factory reset. But it got stuck on 6% all the time. It was probably trying to find the "My Profile" folder since it was located on my MicroSD card (Supposedly). I restarted my computer about 4 times during the reset until the computer stopped working.

When i start up my computer, i only get to the "Lamina" Logo and then i turn off it self.
I can enter the whatever it's called menu, you know the menu that allows you to boot from USB and other locations and device settings and stuff. I have 2 USB ports, maybe i can install Windows 10 again from there, i don't know. Please help me someone!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi@Tegas Jevery! Thanks for joining this thread! Your help is appreciated:wink: You know what the OP done and I agree; but do you have a solution other them the one I suggested?:grin:

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi@Tegas Jevery! Thanks for joining this thread! Your help is appreciated:wink: You know what the OP done and I agree; but do you have a solution other them the one I suggested?:grin:

Haha, yes, I don't think so. Had it been phone, I might would have helped better. But for this, I cannot. You mentioned the solution I was going to. But you always have better replies than me.

Sorry if it felt like i spammed. But i didn't. I nust wanted the OP to know what he did, so that he does not do it again, with phone / pc/ or any other device.
;)

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Haha, yes, I don't think so. Had it been phone, I might would have helped better. But for this, I cannot. You mentioned the solution I was going to. But you always have better replies than me.

Sorry if it felt like i spammed. But i didn't. I nust wanted the OP to know what he did, so that he does not do it again, with phone / pc/ or any other device.
;)
Your help was appreciated friend. You are always welcome on any thread that I'm helping on. I don't know squat about phones. I do know a little about computers and printers. I have read some of your replies and you are doing well here on the forum. You are appreciated friend!:grin:

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Your help was appreciated friend. You are always welcome on any thread that I'm helping on. I don't know squat about phones. I do know a little about computers and printers. I have read some of your replies and you are doing well here on the forum. You are appreciated friend!:grin:
This means a lot coming like you! Thanks a ton. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon