Problem with Edge constantly refreshing in W10 mobile

mdemo

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps a month or two ago Edge on my phone started randomly refreshing web pages for no apparent reason--I'll be scrolling through an article and suddenly it will reload the page, kicking me back to the beginning. There isn't any clear pattern to it in terms of which sites or how frequently, though it happens enough to be incredibly disruptive and obnoxious.

In the worst case, it will do this four or five times and then kick me to an error page with a message along the lines of "We can't seem to get this page to load properly, and you have better things to do than sit around watching us reload the page, so try again later"--apparently without irony (it DID load fine and you're right I DO have better things to do--like read the &*%$#@*# article you keep interrupting!).

I've searched and it seems some people have reported this for desktop, but I haven't seen anything for mobile. I should also note that I'm not talking about refresh when switching between tabs, this is occurring with eyes on the page. I've already tried clearing all history, cookies, etc.

Anybody else encounter this and have ideas, or will I just need to wait and hope for an update fix?

Version: 1607
Build: 10.0.14393.576

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linux86