what app does my lumia 650 use to project screen

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my microsoft lumia 650 project its screen? What specifications must it have, where do i look for them, and what gadget do i buy or app do i download for this purpose

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
my microsoft lumia 650 project its screen? What specifications must it have, where do i look for them, and what gadget do i buy or app do i download for this purpose

there you go.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/10654/windows-phone-project-my-phone-screen-to-a-tv-or-pc

all your questions will be answered here. :)

I do not know if you can wirelessly connect your 650 to the tv or any other smart screen.
to check, go to settings> system> display. scroll down and see if you find an option saying "connect to a wireless display". if you see it, there you go, you have it. make sure you turn the screen to be cast on on, connect the screen and your phone to the same wifi network.

and if you do not have the wireless connection option, what you can do is download that project my screen app on your desktop. that way you will be able to cast your phone scree, but only on your pc/desktop/laptop. (basically windows 10 device.)

if I find any other way to cast the screen, I shall let you know.

also, the link I shared is for windows 8.1, your 650 has 10. but the second half of the link that includes the project my screen thing, that works. I have tested it.

anyway, good luck. hope I could help you. :)

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
If the device you're projecting to doesn’t support Miracast, then you’ll need a Miracast adapter (sometimes also called a dongle) that plugs into an HDMI port on your display device. The adapter lets your PC communicate wirelessly with the display device.

A variety of manufacturers offer Miracast adapters, such as the ActiontecScreenBeam Pro Wireless Display Receiver and the NetGearPush2TV (PTV3000) Wireless Display Adapter. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to connect the adapter.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15053/windows-8-project-wireless-screen-miracast
"You should also update the firmware on your adapter by going to the Support section of the manufacturer's website, searching on your specific device, and following their instructions to download and install that firmware. You can also check the Windows Store to see if there’s an app that'll update the firmware on your adapter."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963