How to disable annoying audible notifications for phone update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 830, with Windows 10 Insider Release Preview (currently at 10.0.14393.693). I cannot turn off the annoying audible notifications that my phone is updated and a restart is required.
I have the phone update notification turned OFF in the Notifications and Actions center. Furthermore, I have all the options inside the phone update notification turned off, and the notification sound set to None.
I wouldn't mind if I got these alerts during the day, but they ALWAYS occur overnight and wake me up.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Use Quiet Hours... You won't hear any notifications overnight.

You can toggle it on manually (don't forget to turn it off in the morning) or you can set it up for automatic engagement every night.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Geez63

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I had this happen last night. Quiet hours is set and works. Windows phone update plays a loud tone in the middle of the night waking both of us up. This is very annoying, as I dont want to silence the phone in case a family member breaks through quiet hours.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I usually apply my updates during the day when they come in so I haven't experienced this issue.

You could just try to be more proactive on getting the updates installed during your waking hours?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa