Did Microsoft remove the FM radio API?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Maybe you know Microsoft removed the FM Radio app back in may, but with the last insiders updates, I am not able to open any FM app (I tested 5 of them, and even resetting my phone didn't change anything).

It's look like their drop the API, that was added in Windows Phone 8.

Maybe they really want to drop FM, or there are building the FMRadio class for Windows 10!

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

How popular of a feature is the FM radio? With the availability of dedicated music playing apps like Groove Music, Pandora, Spotify, etc do we really need FM radio? And then of course there is TuneIN Radio which lets you play FM, AM, and even HD radio stations from all over the planet! You can download it at the Microsoft store...

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Ftunein-radio%2F9wzdncrfj3sf&token=YLGECDtO

FelixINX

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Well, a lot of people use FM. I buy a WP because of this. It costs nothing, and it's more reliable than web service. To specify, my local station does not offer good internet quality.

And it does not answer my question...

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's been removed....

Microsoft confirms FM Radio app removal from Windows 10 Mobile | Windows Central

Microsoft recommends the use of FM radio apps from the MS store.

Microsoft removed the built in FM App. After which 3rd party FM Apps still provided function. I'm on Official and have FM radio right now via the 3rd party Windows FM Radio App.

I agree with xandros9. It's likely a bug in the Insider build.

Try a Soft Reset (hold the Volume Down + Power until the phone vibrates and reboots). Hard Reset may be drastic for this. You might have to wait for the next build to sort it out.

FelixINX

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Try a Soft Reset (hold the Volume Down + Power until the phone vibrates and reboots). Hard Reset may be drastic for this. You might have to wait for the next build to sort it out.
Nothing change about that. But it's seems like it is not specific to FM apps but to app that give music (Spotify, for example).
I'm on Official and have FM radio right now via the 3rd party Windows FM Radio App.
Just wondering, what app are you using?