Can my windows phone screen 'Dim' before Locking?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am running windows 10 on my Microsoft Phone. For security reasons I have my lock screen set to come in at 30 Seconds but ideally I would like the screen to "Dim" briefly before locking so I know it's about to lock and can touch the screen if required to prevent if from locking. There seems to be no warning to let me know when the screen is about to lock IE it goes from the live usage screen to blacked out in the blink of an eye, whereas if it were to 'Dim' first a few seconds before going to full lock it would give the opportunity to touch the screen to keep it live or leave it to Lock. I hope that makes sense.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sure it makes sense... I just don't think there is a way to do this.

However go to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > increase your screen time out limit. Say 15 minutes. Now tap "Sign-in options" > If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again should be set to "Every Time."

Now the screen doesn't time out on you, but every time you tap the power button or double tap the nav bar to put the phone to sleep it will require a PIN to get back in.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett