Is there any point in getting a mac?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Was just in the market for a new laptop and I like looking at all my options. Was just wondering if there's any real reason to get a mac over a Windows laptop?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Windows Central.

What computer do you currently have: PC or Mac?

What will you be using this computer for?

Please let us know more details so that we may advise you further.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I use both Windows PC and Mac. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. Like (almost) any other competing products, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Personal preference, experience, capabilities, and budget can also come into play here.

Probably the most important thing for you to consider is what you would use it for. There is more software available for Windows, but for what most consumers do, a Mac is more than capable. From what I've seen in PC repair at work, 90% of customers could use a Chromebook. Anymore, with widespread Internet access and plenty of web services, few consumers use much more than a browser. Would you use it for something for which there is no software available for a Mac?

Macs are generally more expensive than PCs. Is your budget an issue? I live, work, and breathe Windows and Microsoft Enterprise products, so when it was time to upgrade my personal PC, I decided to get a Macbook for a change of scenery. I could not afford the cost of getting what I wanted, so I bought a Macbook that needed work and refurbished it myself. I have experience in PC repair, so I did not have any issues doing that.

bigtyme07

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
I have a PC desktop and Dell laptop, mostly use the desktop for gaming the laptop is more for schoolwork and regular stuff, I do use OneNote a lot, I'm also heavily ingrained into the Google ecosystem of apps, I'm going to be starting my own business in a few years as well I don't know if that plays into one or the other. Budget isn't an issue.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster