Mobile Edge reloads the page for no reason, how to stop it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The problem appeared this morning, but I noticed similar activity yesterday. When I go to any website it takes anywhere between 2 and 15 seconds before Edge reloads the page and keeps repeating this 3-4 times until browser jumps to error screen (error link below).

Error page tells me that there are problems loading the page after couple reload attempts. Then it says smirkingly "You probably have better things to do than watch the page load over and over again, so you better come back later". Damn right I'd have better things to do, but the browser doesn't let me.

Cleared everything from the browser. Rebooting the device didn't help. Asked the phone nicely, didn't work. Pages just keep reloading. Any suggestions?

Anyone having similar problems?

Error:
ms-appx-web:///assets/errorpages/ErrorPages.html?error=100000

Browser:
Microsoft Edge 38.14393.693.0
Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393

Device:
Model: Microsoft Lumia 650
System: Windows 10 Mobile

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the same phone running the same build.
Could you give me a website to check?
A couple of things to consider;
is this happening on Wifi and mobile/cellular data?
Have you tried a soft reset and failing that a hard reset?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
One very strange behavior I've noticed with Edge is that it tends to use a lot of data to load web pages, and I'm talking about the mobile version of the site. Numerous instances where the full site requires less than 1mb to load a page, Edge will use up to 5mb to load the mobile version of same page. Because of this I rarely use the browser, except for sites requiring high level privacy. My daily driver is UC browser, but it would be helpful if Edge was more efficient in data usage

Sent from mTalk

Yusuf Motorwala

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Same happens with me.. I just block all cookies in advanced settings.. Then exit browser. Restart mobile. Now try opening the website in edge. Website will say it needs cookies. Goto advanced settings. Select allow cookies. And exit browser. Again login your site and try. It happens with me sometimes.. Once i had even clear history and cookies and everything.

benzimben

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
I'm having same problems, can't open any attachments on my Hotmail. When i click it tries to open 2,3 then says dame as,you reported
Phones a waste of time if can't open attachments as need it for work stuff. Please tell me how to fix ????😨

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo