Help outlook mail and calendar not opening

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
When I update mail and calendar app in store it show error same with other app also.when I install any new app it show error during installation

Last edited:

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170228_0001.png
    wp_ss_20170228_0001.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 2

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Did you try to do a soft reset? You do that by holding power button and volume down until the phone restarts and vibrates.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Maybe you could try to sign out from you Microsoft account in the Store, restart the phone, and sign in back again. Maybe that would reset it, and make it work.

Other solution would be a hard reset, but I'm trying to get to a solution which would avoid a hard reset.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Only with Interop Tool for now. If you're on fast or slow insider you should be able to reset the app, though I don't know how would that work. That's a new feature there. And I think that this is not an issue with Outlook mail & calendar app, but about Store app. Store app should be reset.

What phone do you have? I believe that the best solution for you would be a hard reset or WDRT. With hard reset Outlook love tile will not refresh automatically, but if you can live with that, then no need for WDRT. But, of you have a Lumia 550/650/950(XL), then for WDRT won't take you to much time.

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Only with Interop Tool for now. If you're on fast or slow insider you should be able to reset the app, though I don't know how would that work. That's a new feature there. And I think that this is not an issue with Outlook mail & calendar app, but about Store app. Store app should be reset.

What phone do you have? I believe that the best solution for you would be a hard reset or WDRT. With hard reset Outlook love tile will not refresh automatically, but if you can live with that, then no need for WDRT. But, of you have a Lumia 550/650/950(XL), then for WDRT won't take you to much time.

I tried you have said earlier to sign out and restart phone now I can download app from store but outlook mail and calendar show error during installation error 0x80070019.i have Lumia 730

Sent from mTalk windows 10 from(Indian occupied Kashmir)

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but if I remember correctly, you cannot update (almost) any app on your phone right now, only that it doesn't give you the same error code for every app? That's why I'm assuming it's a Store issue, whether it is about the service or about the app. But since updating of the apes works well for others I fear that it is about Store app. And if that is correct, then you would need to hard reset your phone, because there is no other way to reset this app.

And if you decide to do a hard reset, then everything should be done in few hours, (and in that case you Calendar live tile wouldn't refresh automatically) while if you use Windows Devices Recovery Tool to reinstall w10m on your phone, that would take you about six hours.

Oh, and when I say your Calendar tile wouldn't refresh automatically... You could refresh it manually by resizing it, but you could simply leave it too. In the second case it would be showing you the date only during the first day after a restart, and since the day two you would be seeing the Outlook calendar icon on it. Which isn't that bad, it's not that it would be showing you a wrong date. :p And you would still have the correct date and all your reminders would be displayed on the lock screen of course.

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but if I remember correctly, you cannot update (almost) any app on your phone right now, only that it doesn't give you the same error code for every app? That's why I'm assuming it's a Store issue, whether it is about the service or about the app. But since updating of the apes works well for others I fear that it is about Store app. And if that is correct, then you would need to hard reset your phone, because there is no other way to reset this app.

And if you decide to do a hard reset, then everything should be done in few hours, (and in that case you Calendar live tile wouldn't refresh automatically) while if you use Windows Devices Recovery Tool to reinstall w10m on your phone, that would take you about six hours.

Oh, and when I say your Calendar tile wouldn't refresh automatically... You could refresh it manually by resizing it, but you could simply leave it too. In the second case it would be showing you the date only during the first day after a restart, and since the day two you would be seeing the Outlook calendar icon on it. Which isn't that bad, it's not that it would be showing you a wrong date. :p And you would still have the correct date and all your reminders would be displayed on the lock screen of course.

If I wait for update will it solve problem or hard reset is only solution

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
It is possible that the next update will fix this, but truth to be told I wouldn't count on that. But still, the next update should come on next Tuesday, so you wouldn't wait for too long if you decide to give a chance to that.

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
It is possible that the next update will fix this, but truth to be told I wouldn't count on that. But still, the next update should come on next Tuesday, so you wouldn't wait for too long if you decide to give a chance to that.

Now to wait for update hope problem will solve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte