How can I share my phone's internet connection with my Windows 10 laptop?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Simple question and I should know the answer but I don't know where to go on my laptop can someone help me out please?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
First, you have to enable Mobile Sharing on your phone. If you're using a Windows Phone, swipe down from the top of the screen and enable Mobile Hotspot. If you've never used this feature before, take note of the network name and network password.

On your Windows 10 laptop, go into WiFi networks, this is down on the bottom right corner of your PC's screen, the system tray. Click on the WiFi network icon, and find the WiFi network with the network name of your phone. It will ask for a passphrase to log in, that will be the network password. Your laptop will bind to the phone's wifi network and you'll be tethered.

Please note that this may not work if your cellular provider does not permit it, or if they require you to upgrade to a different plan that includes tethering.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
First, you have to enable Mobile Sharing on your phone. If you're using a Windows Phone, swipe down from the top of the screen and enable Mobile Hotspot. If you've never used this feature before, take note of the network name and network password.

On your Windows 10 laptop, go into WiFi networks, this is down on the bottom right corner of your PC's screen, the system tray. Click on the WiFi network icon, and find the WiFi network with the network name of your phone. It will ask for a passphrase to log in, that will be the network password. Your laptop will bind to the phone's wifi network and you'll be tethered.

Please note that this may not work if your cellular provider does not permit it, or if they require you to upgrade to a different plan that includes tethering.

Exactly that. I use my phone to do this all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12