Why does it ask for my PIN when I'm clicking that I've forgotten my PIN?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

For some reason, all my fingerprints were deleted so to add them back in, I needed to verify myself by keying in my PIN, unfortunately, I have forgotten it.

When I go to click [I forgot my PIN], it first asks to verify my password, then it asks me if I want to [Continue] and right after that, it asks for my PIN. I've been trying to find ways to exit this endless loop of resetting my PIN but nothing has been working.

I've gone to my school's IT Helpdesk, I've restarted my laptop, I've clicked on every possible forum and clickable options that I could possibly find and I still can't reset my PIN.

I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, running on intel Core i7 and using Windows 10. If there's any more information that you need to know, please let me know and let me know how to find it.

I'm running out of options.

(Also, for some reason my Calculator app can't open. I've tried opening it from my Start menu and my Taskbar and after searching but I still can't open it. I've tried deleting it from my Taskbar and pinning it back on but I can't pin it back on. I have yet to consult my school's IT helpdesk regarding this issue, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos