Why do I see a splash screen when I go to my email account on Outlook.com?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've been meaning to ask this since they added an annoying splash screen.

Whenever I type in Outlook.com into my address bar, in whatever browser, I always see the splash screen before I'm automatically logged into my account.

Why did they add this annoying splash screen? I remember Gmail didn't have it, then they added it and I moved over to Outlook.com (which at the time, if I remember correctly, was Live.com)

Anyone know of a free online email that DOESN'T have the annoying splash screen?

FatherJack1980

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, but why is my username in this question "Windows Central Question" ???

...as for the splash screen, which I don't understand why they felt the need to implement that as it wasn't before (and especially since it's the 21st century, not the 18th one!), I can't find any setting to disable it. If anyone knows where or how to disable this annoying thing please let me know

FatherJack1980

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Well, I thought I had the technical term correct, but I was wrong :) It's the progress bar, which never was there. I went straight into my email inbox before - but now I have to watch an annoying progress bar that says "opening your mailbox" at the bottom.

I quit Gmail because of that - and now I'm, yet again, switching email provider

Last edited:

FatherJack1980

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
It's stupid. There's absolutely no reason for it to exist - as I said, it's the 21st century, not the 18th.

But what I want to know - because I never saw anything about it, did Microsoft state why they did that? They had "linked" accounts (in the upright corner you could very easily switch between email inboxes) and stated they removed that because some security reason had sprung up; I let that pass despite it was incredibly nifty.

If anyone knows why Microsoft decided to put on a stupid "progress bar" please let me know - and if anyone knows of a free email preferably with easy switching between accounts, please let me know as well

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This is now standard for all mailboxes using Outlook.com. It only takes a few seconds. It may be that something is happening behind the scenes that we are not privy too (such as setting up your account view) and that is why MS hides it behind a splash screen with a loading bar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise