So, before we get into too much detail. I've tried soft resetting it based on guidelines I found on the nokia website and hard-resetting, also.

The phone turns on, but only goes to a red Nokia screen. I've downloaded the window's recovery tool and after it downloads its initial package it asks me to download the firmware. Once it begins downloading, it abruptly stops half-way through the process and the phone freezes. So I need to do a soft reset just to turn it back on. Hard-resetting has done nothing as well as soft resetting.

I am stuck at this red nokia screen.

I've tried every usb port, multiple usb cords, including the one the phone came with. I am really all out of options at this point.

The nokia software recovery tool does not recognize my phone and the windows recovery tool doesn't recognize it either but it is okay because I can click a different option.
    03-20-2017 08:07 AM
    Hi, I know you don't want to 'get into too much detail', however you haven't given the model of your phone (other than a Nokia).
    There is a post that I've linked to below which describes a similar situation with a Lumia 520, so assuming phone is a Lumia try checking that out.

Lumia Dont Boot - Red Screen

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Last edited by charlatan1978; 03-20-2017 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typo
    03-20-2017 08:17 AM
    Hi, I know you don't want to 'get into too much detail', however haven't given the model of your phone (other than a Nokia).
    There is a post that I've linked to below which describes a similar situation with a Lumia 520, so assuming phone is a Lumia try checking that out.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    03-20-2017 08:18 AM
    Hi, I know you don't want to 'get into too much detail', however haven't given the model of your phone (other than a Nokia).

03-20-2017 08:33 AM
    03-20-2017 10:27 PM
    If WDRT does not recognise it the first time (when you connect the device to your computer using USb and run WDRT) it gives you a secondary option to try if it fails. Did you do that?
    Yesterday 09:26 AM