Windows 10 keyboard and touchpad not working

azurebluemach

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone. Yesterday, my Asus Q550L laptop completed a Win 10 auto update. I restarted my laptop as instructed and when my system rebooted, the keyboard and touchpad would not respond. It wouldn't let me login to Win 10 and even seemed like it was not responding while Windows was booting up. I finally was able to gain access my using the onscreen keyboard via touchscreen. I use an external Microsoft mouse, and that still seems to work okay. I looked in the device manager and both my touchpad and keyboard drivers have exclamation marks on them. I tried updating the driver, but it said they were the newest/best available. I tried deleting the driver and letting windows rediscover them, but got the same result. I refuse to believe the the keyboard and touchpad took a dump at the exact same time, so this has to be related to Windows 10 right? Any help/advice is welcome and thanks in advance!

flabalucci

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
Ditto.

Using my phone right now.
Uninstalling Asus Smart Gesture then installing the new one provided by Ivan FR (Google search: asus windows 10 ivan fr) fixed it, but then I noticed my audio driver has an error now, I restarted and all said errors were back. 😑

Redoing the method doesn't work.
Guess we'll have to wait for a fix from MS itself

Btw, my lappy's Asus too, X55LN.

First time I ever had a bug with Win10.
Very disappointed right now.

Finally, bump.

azurebluemach

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
That's exactly what happened LOL...literally right after the reboot from the completed update. Unfortunately, I've already reset Win 10. I used the reset feature through the Update & Security/Recovery menu. I chose 'remove everything' since my Win 10 was an upgrade from Win 8.1. That worked for me, but I'm still installing my programs and getting all my music back on. I've had one update occur after the reset, and I'll admit, I prayed LOL. So far, so good. Sure makes me wonder if updating as you did would have helped though. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234