Lumia 640 XL Battery Charging only to 79%

Preston Matope

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Greetings. I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased two 640 XLs AT & T carrier unlocked that always charge to 79% Tried upgrading to Windows 10 and still there is no change even if i leave the phones charging the whole night. PS: I am using the stock chargers that came in the box. Frustrated to death!! What could be the problem?

Preston Matope

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
It sucks these devices are brand new i don't understand. The phones both aren't behaving well. Got a battery from a friend's 640 XL and i gave him mine and they both charged to 100%. On the other hand, i charged his and it still doesn't charge to 100% so i'm officially hanging my boots. Microsoft simply sucks. Faulty phones is what i got. Went for a guarantee replacement and the phones all behave the same. Seems like Microsoft shipped the faulty ones to Africa. SMH!!!!!!

lumiaportable

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Wish I could be of help; have the same issue on L1520 but at least for me this is after I replaced the original battery. I haven't come across a solution since late 2015.

Same here :) I'm in Europe and came across this issue with a Lumia 830, it's driving me crazy. So far I have bought three after market batteries, and all three exhibit the same 'blocked at 79% charge' symptom, despite being different brands (and one supposedly being a 'genuine' Lumia battery). Yet the battery originally supplied with the phone still charges to 100% no problem, so I assume that there is no hardware issue with the phone.

Initially I thought it might be a problem with the compatible battery I'd bought, but surely not with three different ones. I now suspect that W10 Mobile is somehow blocking a charge to 100% on these batteries somehow, but can't find any way so far to remove this charge 'ceiling'. :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon