Is there a way to receive notifications from apps, but not have them appear on screen?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

An example of this could be discord (I am aware of the notification tab in discord). I am in a few discord servers at the moment..

Unless you have notifications enabled, you will not know what server or channel the message at.

I would like to know if it's possible to where I can receive discord notifications, but them not appearing on screen. Basically just so it's showing in the Action Centre?

Note: Using Windows 10

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
That's actually very doable and easy to accomplish. First, open Settings. I assume you know how to do this. There's a lot of ways to do so. Go through the Action Center, the Start Menu, the All Apps menu, or press Win + I.
Then just navigate to Settings>System>Notifications & actions. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a list of all your installed apps that have the potential of giving notifications. Click on any app you want to edit the notification settings and you'll see a comprehensive list of options such as editing whether or not there are banners (what you're looking for), turn off sounds or vibrations, change priority in the Action Center, and a few other things. Hopefully this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea