Microsoft Display Adaptor Won't Connect

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm trying to connect my Acer laptop to my Microsoft Display Adapter. I've had it approx 2 months with no issues so far.

The display adapter displays on my TV screen with the normal menu screen.

On the laptop from the action centre, clicking on connect it brings up MSDisplayAdapter_AA (which I have previously selected and the laptop has connected to the TV) When I select this it states 'connecting on the laptop' and 'connecting to ACER' on the TV but this continues and goes no further and doesn't eventually connect.

-I have checked that windows is fully updated
-restarted my computer
-un-plugged the adapter and plugged adapter back in again
-reset the adapter using the reset button
-downloaded the app to update firmware (can't update the firmware as I can't connect to the adapter)
-checked both public and private are selected under wireless display on allowing app through firewall

I can't find any other options to fix this, any help would be much appreciated as I've only had this product a couple of months and I'm hoping it I can find a way of getting it to work again

mxdog

May 10, 2017
Visit site
I have this same problem with my tablet the 2 ways i have gotten past it is one ..on the tablet i forget/delete the connection and then try to reconnect and the other is i changed the channel of my home wifi because it was causing dropouts when it would connect. Look for anything that can interfere with the connection ..speakers to close WiFi overlap motors/fans running . Other then those 2 issues mine as been pretty reliable for a couple of years now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria