Password lock on my 950XL

nick popplewell

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
I just got a 950XL on the web but it has a password lock on it,how can I get around that? A hard reset ain't work I don't think because id still have to enter a password after the reset wouldn't I? Please let me know your thoughts,any help is much appreciated

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
a HARD RESET should subvert the password ... it'll also wipe the device.
That would be recommended on a used device, start fresh, install the latest version of WM10, then add apps.
Search for the (side) key combination for that device, to Hard Reset the device.

Just a thought, BUT, with a password set on the device ...
there's a chance you bought a lost or stolen / blacklisted device.
If so, it (ultimately) may not work.

Contact the seller for a refund or the unlock code.

hui hui

May 18, 2017
Visit site
if you fee HARD RESET should subvert the password ... it'll also wipe the device.
That would be recommended on a used device, start fresh, install the latest version of WM10, then add apps such as Password Safe App
You can also search for the (side) key combination for that device, to Hard Reset the device.

Just a thought, BUT, with a password set on the device like Secure Password Storage
there's a chance you bought a lost or stolen / blacklisted device.
If so, it (ultimately) may not work.
Contact the seller for a refund or the unlock code.
58227ed5612e1.png

nick popplewell

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
I hard reset it and no,it isn't lost or stolen,i even tracked down the original owner,he just dropped it and busted it and didn't know what was really wrong with it,it works pretty good except the camera doesn't work right and when you turn the volume up and it rings or get a notification it shuts off and I lose service every now and then but for $130 i can live with it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon