HELP! will updating my nokia 520 from windows 8 to 8.1 erase my whatsapp chat history?

kyara athena

May 11, 2017
Visit site
It's extremely important my chat history is safe. Can't stress this enough. But when I go to whatsapp web it doesn't allow me to use the "search" option which I think might be due to not having windows 8.1 (it's the only thing I can think could be the reason). But anyway, the question itself is stright forward, updating windows affects whatsapp chat history???

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Short answer: no, upgrading your phone to Windows Phone 8.1 will not erase your WhatsApp chat history.

Long answer: I have not used WhatsApp Web myself, so I do not know if there is an easy fix to your issue. Coming back to your question, I would strongly recommend creating a backup of your conversation history using the in-built backup feature in WhatsApp. It saves the backup to your microSD card as well as OneDrive (optional). In case something does go wrong (unlikely), then you can restore the conversation history from your microSD card while setting up WhatsApp again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes