Will Microsoft's upcoming FLUENT DESIGN Language defeat Android's MATERIAL DESIGN? Will MS release i

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
MS announce their new project (aka Neon Project) which includes new methodology, ideas and UI design.
As we know that Android Material Design is also used for web designing known as Materialize CSS(Css framework).

Will MS upcoming Fluent Design Language comes for Web Designers (as framework)?

Will it beat Android Material Design? Let's see...

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Material Design has had a little time to mature. With that time and maturation, we have component libraries for material-based components, more animations and nuances, and fairly widespread availability/usage.

To compete, the Fluent Design Language would need similar third party support in the way of component libraries and easy availability for web app developers. This really hinges on where the Windows Store goes. The more people use Windows Store apps, the more they see the Fluent UI in action. The more they see the Fluent UI in action, the more recognizable and popular it will become.

Personally, i don't think this iteration of the new UI language will compete with Material. I think it will be used by people developing specifically for the Windows UWP platform, but by the time the Windows UWP platform itself is competing, this UI will also have evolved.

arisjohnson

May 15, 2017
Visit site
MS announce their new project (aka Neon Project) which includes new methodology, ideas and UI design.
As we know that Android Material Design is also used for web designing known as Materialize CSS(Css framework).

Will MS upcoming Fluent Design Language comes for Web Designers (as framework)?

Will it beat Android Material Design? Let's see...

Microsoft’s Fluent Design System is just starting out, but it holds a lot of promise for app designers. For example, it shall:
  • Work well in both 2D and 3D environments
  • Add translucency to design
  • Offer support for different types of input (e.g touch and pen input)
  • Add more in-depth texture to elements
  • And eventually, help designers create even better virtual reality applications

Check out the Cygnis Media blog post, Microsoft’s Fluent Design System Vs Google’s Material Design to learn how fluent design system is different from Material design and how it helps design community.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Well you want your webpages to be fast loading after all, and often that means simpler. But perhaps you could use elements like transulency and some depth perspective and materials could be used.

Certainly if a web page used something like depth, or the more complex motion of windows 10, or acrylic it would look more modern to the user.

Whether one is more popular in use or not, IDK if that's the relevant question. I think its more whether the design system makes your content pop, and draws user engagement.

Last edited:

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I actually like Microsoft's new design so far, I was very surprised when I heard about this, since this seems like it's something new for Microsoft.

I wouldn't say that the Fluent Design will necessarily "defeat" Android's Material Design... I would say that they're both similar but yet different from one another.

It'll be very interesting to see when released though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo