Surface or MacBook?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Between the 2 options, Surface, hands down. Even if only for the touch screen/pen support. However, there are some non-MS alternatives to the Surface that are less expensive.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Surface all the way. You get full Windows experience that is all-round for everything you ever intend to do with a PC. Macbooks are often bought by people who simply want to show that they can afford one and Surface is quite expensive too, although I think that gaming on Surface Book with a dGPU would be way better than on a similarly priced Mac, and that's one more reason to go for Surface. Another one is touch and pen integration as mentioned in a post above.

And not to forget the continuous innovation coming from the Surface team and the lack of it coming from Apple - a touch bar vs full touch screen with pen support is a good example of that.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Surface for me and it's mainly because I'm more involved in the Windows ecosystem. I've never been a real apple person and have always been quite happy with my Surface's before this. Wouldn't blame people either way though.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I would have to say a Surface. Here's my reasons:

1) I develop using Visual Studio. Granted they now have it on Mac, but my ecosystem that I develop for is Windows-based systems.
2) Office. Yes my office sub will work with Mac as well, but I like the Windows 10 style and can't wait for the Fall Creators Update.
3) Touch screen/Pen support. I want a Surface just for these features. I actually use pen and paper still to write down and draw out my thoughts. Having this on a computer would just be awesome.
4) Application Support. I play some steam games which aren't on Mac, or Linux sadly, so I need to be able to play them.
5) Community. The community is great, especially here. I asked a question about Office 365 in the store and wasn't shamed or that for the question. The people here are great.

Surface because it seems to be leading the trend of where mobile devices are heading.

Jaredallister

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Your on a Microsoft fan site, obviously people here are going to prefer the Microsoft product over Apple's.
I would however choose the Macbook as I don't care for the touch screen, and I prefer macOS.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Your on a Microsoft fan site, obviously people here are going to prefer the Microsoft product over Apple's.
I would however choose the Macbook as I don't care for the touch screen, and I prefer macOS.

I wonder what its like being a "yeah I just like it" person in the apple ecosystem. Do you get people sort of lumping praise on apple and going OTT, or is that mainly on the internet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb